- 8 ounces whole – grain ziti
- 1 head couliflower , cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil , shredded(or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 can (15.5 ounces)diced tomato , preferably fire-roasted
- ¼ cup shredded part –skim mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cook the ziti in a large saucepan according to the package directions , after draining, return ziti to the saucepan
- Meanwhile , toss the cauliflower, oil , salt and pepper together on a rimmed baking sheet . Roast ,Stirring once , until golden brown and tender , about 20 minutes . Stir basil and tomatoes into cauliflower and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Add the cauliflower mixture to the ziti and stir well. Divide the mixture among four 4 –ounce ramekins. Top each with a tablespoon of mozzarella. Bake until cheese browns and bubbles about 5 minutes.