Thank you for taking a minute to watch my first ever video post. I must get asked at least once a day, “What do you eat to stay in shape?” or “I think I’m allergic to gluten but it’s just too hard to stay away from it. How do you do it?” It’s not by chance that I get asked these questions. I am ALWAYS talking about food. I want to see into your kitchen as much as you want to see into mine. I guess you could say we are all Food Voyeurs in one way or another.
My biggest goal is take care of my body so I can enjoy every moment of this beautiful life. My second goal is to not choke to death on dry gluten free substitutes.
Come share this journey with me and I will show you how I feel my absolute best with the help of my favorite ItWorks products. #gotoglutenfreegirl #fitlifeadventure
I got the original recipe for Oven Baked Chicken Tacos from this fantastic sight below:
This is how I “tweaked” the ingredients to make it safe for my body:
Oven Baked Chicken Tacos – Gluten Free!
½ cooked chicken shredded (I cooked my chicken in onions, garlic, water and salt)
1 tb chili powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
¼ tsp dried oregano
1 tb ground cumin
1 tsp salt & pepper
1 16oz container of fresh salsa
1 4oz can of gluten free chopped green chili’s
10 Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Gluten Free Taco Shells
1 16oz can of gluten free refried beans
2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese
(any toppings that work for your family. Ex: black olives, sour cream, cilantro, hot sauce, corn)
- Preheat oven to 400* Spray 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray
- Stir all dry spices and green chili into the shredded chicken (you can use cooked ground chicken or turkey if you prefer)
- Place taco shells in baking dish
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of refried beans into the bottom of each taco
- Top with chicken, salsa and lay on the shredded cheese
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is fully melted and the edges of the tacos turn brown
- Remove from oven and top with your favorite topping.
Easy, delicious and no one will know they are Gluten Free!
Send me a picture in our Fit Life Adventure Group and let me know how yours turned out!