- 4 to 5 pounds beef tenderloin, well trimmed
- 2 whole cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves, crushed
- Heat oven to 425°F.combine seasoning ingredients; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan.do not add water or cover. roast on 425f in oven for 50-60 minutes(medium rare) or 60-70 minutes 9medium well)
- Remove roast and transfer to carving board; tent loosely with aluminium foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
- Carve roast into thick slices.