I know, this sounds crazy, because you have been told all your life NOT to drink the salt water!
But this is not the same salt water at the beach! This is Himalayan Pink Salt water, or salt water sole (pronounced so-lay). It is a great light detox and caffeine free energy boost! Remember when you start thinking salt is bad,
1) Salt is vital to your body’s balance
2) This is VERY different than table salt!
Himalayan pink salt is packed with over 84 trace minerals and elements that make it incredibly nourishing for your body. Pink salt has numerous benefits from helping the body detoxify to boosting energy to improving digestion to promoting healthy hair, skin, and nails!
Pink Salt Water Sole
- Fill a jar about ¼ of the way with pink salt.
- Add filtered water to the jar, leaving a bit of space at the top in case you need to add more salt later.
- Put a lid on the jar and shake gently. Leave it on the counter overnight to give the salt time to dissolve. The next day you should still see some salt at the bottom of the jar that can’t be absorbed by the water. This is how you know you have a true “sole” solution. (If you don’t see any salt at the bottom, simply add a couple teaspoons more and let it sit for another day.)
- To use your sole, add up to 1 tsp of the salt water to another glass of filtered water first thing each morning. Drink up!
Thank you to LaurenConrad for this recipe!