- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds cremini and/or shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt
- 1 15 –ounce container part- skim ricotta
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups shredded, part skim mozzarella cheese, divided evenly
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more to garnish
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups tomato sauce
- 12 sheets no-cook whole – wheat lasagne noodles
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in large skillet over medium –high heat. Add the mushrooms and thyme and seasons with salt. Cook until softened, about 10 to 12 minutes
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, milk and eggs, and stir. Add 1 cup of mozzarella. Parmesan, spinach basil and oregano; season with salt and pepper and stir to incorporate.
- Spread 1 cup of tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9-x-13-x-2-inch pan. Layer for sheets of lasagna on the top, slightly overlapping . spread hail the ricotta mixture on the noodles, add cover with half the mushroom mixture. Top with 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce. Repeat with 4 sheets lasagna pasta , remaining ricotta mixture, remaining mushrooms and 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce. Cover with the remaining 4 sheets of lasagna , the remaining cup of tomato sauce and the remaining mozzarella cheese
- Lightly coat a sheet of aluminium foil with nonstick spray and cover uncooked lasagna , spray-side down. Bake at 375 degrees, covered , until bubbly, about 45 minute. Remove foil from lasagna and increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees. Cook until cheese browns about 12 cutting minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm and garnish with basil.