When my husband told me he wanted to try the Paleo route, the first reaction I had was NO! I can’t live without pancakes. I just love the fluffy, yummy warm sweetness in every bite. So when I found this recipe in The Paleo Kitchen, I decided that living a Paleo lifestyle was going to be easier than I thought!
Now I have my pancake AND I can eat it too 🙂
Blueberry Paleo Pancake Ingredients
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons almond or full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of fine-grain sea salt
- coconut oil, for greasing the skillet
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- coconut butter for serving
- maple syrup, for garnish (optional)
Blueberry Paleo Pancake Recipe
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the almond milk, honey, lemon juice, and vanilla and whisk until well blended. In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut flour and tapioca flour, then add to the wet ingredients 1/4 cup at a time, while continuously whisking. Then mix in the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Grease a large skillet and place over medium heat. Once the skillet is warm use a ladle to pour 3-inch pancakes into the skillet. Once bubbles begin to appear in the surface of a pancake, drop a small handful of blueberries into it and flip. The pancake should cook on each side 3-4 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top with coconut butter and maple syrup, if desired.