- 8 oz dry whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- ½ cup sliced red or green bell pepper
- 15 oz can no – added – salt diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 9 oz frozen artichoke hearts , thawed
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions . heat olive oil in large , nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and peppers and saute until golden about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes , basil and oregano and simmer until sauce thickens slightly , stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Add artichokes to sauce and cook 2 minutes. Add pasta to sauce. Toss until sauce coats pasta and mixture is heated through.
- Divide the mixture between 4 dinner plates , and serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled over top (2 tablespoons per serving).